Beginning his career in the corporate world, David Sayers had found success in engineering, product management, and marketing roles with GE and 3M. Something was missing until he discovered his true passion: helping others to learn and discover so that they can accomplish meaningful results.
That realization led him to transition to a career as a financial advisor. He began with Northwestern Mutual and moved to CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, where he learned the value of deep client relationships, holistic planning and the fee-only model of delivering independent financial advice.
As a Wealth Partner at TruNorth, David enjoys combining his desire to help people with his interest in finance and his love of design, teaching, and optimization. David prepares client financial plans and manages their implementation. He enjoys participating in client meetings where he can see his work coming to life.
A Minnesota native who grew up in Stillwater, Minnesota, David lives in Woodbury with his wife, Tera, and their three children, Benjamin, Andrew and Henry. Outside of the office, David enjoys making regular trips to Disney World with his family; reading books on finance, politics, economics and history; camping; enjoying movies, music and theater; and spending time with his children.
Education and Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Chartered Life Underwriter®
- Chartered Financial Consultant®
- Chartered Advisor for Senior Living®
- MBA, Marketing and Strategic Management, University of Minnesota
- B.A., Engineering and Business Management, University of Minnesota
- Member, Financial Planning Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Volunteer, Junior Achievement